Academic Promotions Committee
Membership and terms of reference
There will be a University Academic Promotions Committee with the following membership:
- DVC Academic (Chair)
- Nominee of Vice-Chancellor
- Chair of Academic Board or nominee
- A suitably qualified academic Level D or E employee nominated by the NTEU
Quorum will be half plus one.
The relevant Chair of the Promotion Panel will be in attendance at meetings when required to advise the University Academic Promotions Committee on the deliberations of their Promotion Panels.
The functions of the Committee are to:
- Monitor the promotion process with a view to ensuring fairness and compliance with the application of the University Academic Staff Promotions Scheme policy and procedures.
- Review University Academic Promotions Panel's recommended outcomes and the results of moderation process, and;
a. Ratify the panel’s recommendation, or
b. Instruct one or more the panels to reconvene and review the outcomes
- UAPC to forward recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor for final approval.
- Review University Academic Promotion Policy and Procedures as required and recommend any necessary changes to the Vice-Chancellor
The Vice-Chancellor has final determination on whether or not to adopt each recommendation put forward by the Committee.