International Advisory Committee
The Committee is an advisory committee to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor International and Development and, through the Deputy Vice-Chancellor International and Development, the Vice-Chancellor.
Terms of reference
1. To consider and discuss themes and issues of strategic importance to RMIT’s internationalisation objectives
2. To advise the Deputy Vice-Chancellor International and Development in respect of strategic priorities for RMIT’s internationalisation activities
3. To consider issues related to:
i. Performance of the University against internationalisation objectives
ii. Key trends in the countries in which RMIT operates or seeks to operate
iii. Organizational capability for international activities and capacity to deliver on internationalisation objectives
iv. Processes, systems and facilities supporting international activities
v. Management of risk related to international activities
- The Committee will meet bi-monthly throughout the year
- Each meeting will be based on a broad internationalisation theme related to RMIT’s internationalisation objectives
- Internal and external experts will be invited to present as a stimulus to strategic discussion
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor International and Development reports half-yearly to the Vice-Chancellor regarding the business of the Committee
- Outcomes of the Committee’s work are communicated to the University through DVC International and Development
- The Committee will report annually through Deputy Vice-Chancellor International and Development to the Vice-Chancellor against its rationale and effectiveness
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor International and Development – Chair
- College of Science, Engineering and Health – 2 representatives
- College of Design and Social Context – 2 representatives
- College of Business – 2 representatives
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic or nominee
- University Librarian or nominee
- Director TAFE or nominee
- Director Information Technology Services or nominee
- Pro Vice-Chancellor Students or nominee
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research and Innovation or nominee
- University Secretary or nominee
- Director, Global Business Development (International and Development)
- Director, International Services (International and Development)
- Senior Manager, Strategy and Projects (International and Development)
- Director, RMIT International College
- CEO, RMIT Training
- Chair, RICE network (Researchers in International and Comparative Education)
- Director, European Union Centre
- Director, Confucius Centre
- President, RMIT Vietnam or nominee
- Principal Advisor, Transnational Strategy Development Project
- Director, International Relations
Members are to be nominated for their expertise.
Representation should include representation from Brunswick and Bundoora campuses.
Working groups may be formed from time to time to oversee specific projects.
The Committee will be supported by Executive Officer to Deputy Vice-Chancellor International and Development.
The Committee will meet bi-monthly.