Benefits for staff
- Short courses and single subjects Discount of up to 25% on fees
- Professional development (login required)
- Outside activities
- Recognition of prior service
- Study funding (login required)
- Communicators’ Network (login required)
- Education Abroad Office staff training (login required)
- Marketing and Communications Forum (login required)
Transport and travel
- Airline club membership and frequent flyer points. RMIT staff can become personal members at negotiated rates. Frequent flyer points accrued whilst travelling on RMIT business should be used for business travel wherever possible, if not they may be used by staff members for their own personal use.
- Commuter Club - discounted yearly public transport tickets
- Discounted car rental (login required)
- Car parking on campus
- Secure bicycle parking on campus
- Travel insurance discounts available at Chartis (login required).
- There is now no discount on ambulance annual membership as prices have been halved Ambulance Victoria
- Health insurance
- Chinese Medicine Teaching Clinic
- Dental 25% discount for students and union members
- Employee journey personal accident insurance (login required)
- Fixed focal prescription spectacles reimbursement
- Myotherapy Clinic Final-year myotherapy students provide treatments to staff, students and the general public at discounted rates
- Smart Eyes Optical
- Staff flu vaccination program
Wellbeing and support
- Employee Assistance Program (login required) Professional, free, confidential, offsite counselling service
- Indigenous Support Network
- Wellness workshop (login required).
- Spiritual Centre
- RMIT Chiropractic Teaching Clinics
- RMIT Osteopath Teaching Clinic
- RMIT University Psychology Clinic
Fitness and activity
- Gym (RMIT City Fitness) – RMIT full-time staff can salary sacrifice their gym membership at considerably lower prices. Ask at reception for more details.
Social and cultural
- RMIT Link trips and tours – Recreational trips designed for staff and students to see the best that Australia has to offer.
- RMIT Link arts – An annual program of exhibitions, performances, installations, film screenings, workshops, and much more. Also check out the art collectives.
- RMIT Choir
- The RMIT Campus Store offers 5% discount on most General and Textbooks to staff on presentation of their staff card. The RMIT Campus Store also carries a range RMIT branded merchandise and apparel as well as stationery, drawing equipment and electronic calculators.
- PC specials for staff and students
- PC Buy
- Commonwealth Bank - RMIT branch can assist with the financial needs of all RMIT staff