Health, safety and wellbeing
RMIT University’s team of health and safety professionals provides information, advice, and support to help you manage the health and safety risks associated with the various activities undertaken across the Schools and Departments of the University.
Responsibilities & accountabilities
Everyone has a responsibility for health, safety and wellbeing, including staff, students, managers and contractors.
OHS management system
We are currently in the process of implementing a new and improved OHS Management System for the University.
Looking for information on Consultation, Emergency Management, First Aid, Health and Wellbeing, Injury Management or Work Cover?
Many people play an important role in OHS from Health and Safety Representatives, First Aiders and Emergency Wardens.
A selection of health, safety and wellbeing training is made available through DevelopMe.
Programs & events
There are various health, safety and wellbeing programs and events on available across the University.
- Bitesize Wellness Series: May 2013 23/05/2013The Health, Safety and Wellbeing team is pleased to announce two health and wellbeing workshops as part of a Bitesize Wellness series. These workshops are being run in conjunction with RMIT City Fitness , and close out a two-month health promotion period on ‘Getting Active’.
- Health Promotion Newsletter: 01/2013 25/03/2013Being active is good for you in so many ways. It can provide a huge range of fun experiences, make you feel good, improve your health, and can be a great way to relax and enjoy the company of your friends.
- Bitesize Wellness: Goal Setting 28/05/2013Achieve your goals by changing the habits which stop you from reaching them! This is a practical workshop in which we provide the participants with a booklet to be filled out during the session in order for people to identify what is holding them back and how to proceed.
- Bitesize Wellness: De-Bunking Myths 29/05/2013There are many long-held misconceptions about health and fitness and we want to see what YOU think is true and false. In this session, we will start by asking participants questions to see what the majority believes before the answer is revealed..
- First Aid Network Meeting - City 29/05/2013First aid network meetings are a great opportunity to meet staff from other areas, and work towards improving first aid provision for the RMIT community.