We want RMIT to be a healthy place for study and play. We improve policies, provide health resources and help our students to make better choices about their own health.
Healthy students equals better marks
If you are healthy you are able to perform better at your studies. We work hard to assist you:
- with access to healthy foods
- with your mental and emotional health
- with your sexual health
- with drug and alcohol issues
- to access immunisations
We also provide a range of useful, up-to-date fact sheets so you can be informed about your health and wellbeing.
Get medical/dental advice when you need it
We constantly update lists of health services near all RMIT campuses so you can find the appropriate medical/dental services in a timely manner.
We also advocate for the health of our students
We advocate with external organisations, particularly on issues that affect students. In the past we have:
- made policy submissions to all levels of government on issues that affect student wellbeing including student homelessness and drugs and alcohol
- sat on a government advisory group on student sexual health, domestic violence and youth participation