About Document Delivery Services
Who can use our services?
- Academic and general staff with work related research needs
- Postgraduate students
- Undergraduate and TAFE students
- Open Universities Australia (OUA) students
- Remote and External Students:
- External Studies students studying in external mode
- Remote students residing outside Met Zone 2 or in states other than Victoria
- Students studying outside Australia (offshore students) - copies only
- Special borrowers - please contact us prior to requesting
What can you request?
- Copies of journal articles, conference papers and book chapters.
- Loans of books, audiovisual items and reports.
- Journals from our off-site storage facility at CAVAL Archival and Research Materials Centre (CARM2)
- Purchase of theses, standards and other items not available for loan can be arranged. Payment must be authorised by the requestor prior to orders being placed.
- Copyright restrictions apply.
What if I want something urgently?
Let us know when you require the item by entering the information in ‘Special Instructions’ when you are making a request. It is also recommended that you also email Document Delivery to alert us.
Does it cost me anything?
The Library pays other libraries for items received with the expenditure deducted from the Library budget. Occasionally items are expensive to obtain and we will ask you to contribute to the cost. We will only proceed after receiving advice from you.
How long will it take?
- Cross campus copies: 3-5 days
- Copies from other libraries: 3-5 days
- Copies of journals, loans of journals from off-site storage: 2 - 4 days
- Loans from other libraries: 1-2 weeks
- Overseas loans: 2-4 weeks
- Postal loans for remote students: 5 days
Turnaround time depends on a variety of factors including accuracy of details provided, the supplier availability and the time spent in transit.
Interlibrary loans and postal loans are not available to students and staff residing overseas (offshore).