20 September 2010
Café pic takes the cream
Winner, Kimberley Mennen – “Pure Bliss”.
Second prize, Sheree Porter – “A Beautiful Thing”.
- Urban futures imagined through student eyes 21/11/2013
- Festival showcases rising creative talent 28/10/2013
- Photography students shine bright in Moran Prize 21/10/2013
- The artistic identity of Hong Kong: exhibition 15/10/2013
- Lecturer sets the stage at global photography festival 20/09/2013
- Future artists explore their creative side at RMIT 21/08/2013
RMIT University student Kimberley Mennen’s interpretation of a café, Coffee Darling, has won first prize in the annual Sanpellegrino Café Society Photography Competition.
The competition invites final-year RMIT Photography students to collaborate with a leading Melbourne café to capture the essence of café society through their lens.
Sheree Porter’s photo at Sotto e Sopra won second prize and Justin Vague’s photo at Dancing Goat Café won third prize.
Jonathan Dredge won the Creativity award for his image from La Banca in the Docklands.
Isobel Crombie, curator of photography at the National Gallery of Victoria, was senior judge, supported by renowned photographer Earl Carter.
The photos will be on display at the Australian Centre for Contemporary Art’s annex gallery Mirka at Tolarnountil 4 October.
The show will then continue in Gallery36 at RMIT, in building 36, level 3, from 11 to 22 October.
It will also form part of the Cultural Program at the L’Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival next year.
Third prize, Justin Vague – “Dare to be Different”.
Winner of the Creativity award, Jonathan Dredge – “Common Bond”.