Vice-Chancellor's Senior Research Fellowships
This is a competitive scheme advertised nationally and internationally on an annual basis. Applicants are selected on the basis of their excellent research track record and national or international recognition in an area aligned with RMIT’s research activity and impact.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Senior Research Fellows develop, engage in and lead high quality research in alignment with the University's research focus areas.
The Senior Research Fellows are expected to have a significant impact in the area of their specialisation, and to be acknowledged at an international level as being influential in expanding the knowledge of their relevant discipline. The Senior Research Fellows play an important research leadership role in embedding their research expertise into the life of their School and are expected to produce high quality, productivity driven research networks across RMIT and with local, national and global, internal and external partners..
About the scheme
The Vice-Chancellor’s Senior Research FellowshipsThe Fellowships are four year fixed term appointments with AUS$50,000 over this period to support the achievement of individual research goals. RMIT University also assists successful candidates with their move to Australia, providing visa and basic relocation support.
The Fellows are located within the Academic School and College relevant to their research discipline and supported by that Schools services and structures. These positions report to the Head of School.
The focus of recruitment for the 2013 RMIT University Vice-Chancellor’s Senior Research Fellowships is in the strategic research areas of:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Exercise Science
- Information Systems (e.g. semantic search, big data, data analytics, social network analysis, cloud/service computing)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management with a strong focus on Urban Planning
Please note Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Senior Research Fellowship awardee profiles
- FAQs about the Vice-Chancellor’s Senior Research Fellowships
- About Research at RMIT
- About the Vice-Chancellor’s Research Fellowships scheme
- Applications open on 15 July 2013 and close on 11 August 2013
- All applications must be submitted electronically through Your Career at RMIT
- Vice-Chancellor's Senior Research Fellow - position description (DOC, 114 KB, 4 pages)
- Applications open: 15 July 2013
- Applications close: 11 August 2013
- Selection process completed: mid October 2013
- Announcement of successful candidates: mid November 2013
RMIT research and research training is global, partnered and making an impact.