At RMIT’s City campus, we offer long day care exclusively for children of RMIT staff and students aged 3 months to 5 years. Services are also available at Bundoora and Brunswick.
If you are thinking of studying at RMIT, our team of dedicated and sensitive educators will work with you to nurture your child.
We focus on:
- forming an individual relationship with your child
- celebrating personalities and differences
- tailoring stimulating developmental experiences to your child’s needs and interests
All our educators:
have a formal qualification in early childhood education
attend regular training so that they keep up to date with current childcare practices and research in early childhood development.
We have educators who speak:
Our children learn, explore and develop skills through an educationally play-based curriculum. Our children also get to experience:
- visits from musicians
- zoo visits from Wild Action
- weekly dance classes
- and much more
Our program meets federal and state government requirements based on the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Framework.
These frameworks include:
- maintaining a ratio of one carer to four children aged under 3
- providing a 4-year-old kindergarten (preschool) program