Enhance your skills, make new friends, build great networks and gain official RMIT recognition. Take part in the RMIT Student Ambassadors’ Program.
- Who can be an ambassador?
- What do ambassadors do?
- Why become an ambassador?
- Do ambassadors get training?
- Further information
- How to apply
Who can be an ambassador?
Any current student enrolled at RMIT who is passionate about their RMIT experience and keen to represent the University at a range of activities and events.
Note: you must have completed at least one semester of study to ensure you have the knowledge about RMIT to successfully fulfill the role.Back to top
What do ambassadors do?
Ambassadors play a key role at events on the University calendar. These events include:
- day festivals
- Open Day.
There are many roles required at each event such as:
- greeting visitors
- directing tours
- assisting new students.
In addition to the major events being held there will be many smaller functions that ambassadors are requested to attend as student representatives. These functions include talks to school students and representing RMIT to visiting delegations.Back to top
Why become an ambassador?
- challenge yourself, develop new skills and gain valuable experience that future employers will value
- build a greater connection to the RMIT community, make a difference and make new friends
- open up further opportunities. Students who demonstrate a high level of commitment and competence will be invited to undertake additional training and participate in higher level roles e.g. speaking to delegations and forums, specialist ambassador roles
- receive formal recognition. Students who complete the required training and volunteer hours will receive an RMIT LEAD certificate signed by the Vice-Chancellor and have their volunteering contribution recorded on their official academic transcript.
Do ambassadors get training?
Yes. Training for the ambassador program involves a range of skills workshops relevant to the ambassadorial role including:
- event management.
There will be a mandatory training session for all new ambassadors. This will cover the basics about RMIT and what you can expect from the program.
Once you have completed the basic training, you will become eligible for further training in more specific skills.Back to top
For further information
RMIT Ambassador Program
Tel. + 61 3 99259607
How to apply
Complete the RMIT Ambassadors application form.