Scholarship winner Emma Roulston and McCormick Foods Technical Director, Fritz Meyer.
RMIT offers scholarships for students studying science.
- Information Security - Informatics Research Group Scholarship For final year undergraduate students who wish to be involved in an introductory aspect of a current IS-I research project; worth $3000, for short-term projects; applications now closed for 2013.
- Invergowrie Foundation Scholarships for Women For female students with difficulties/disadvantage and who are commencing an undergraduate degree in the College of Science, Engineering and Health; worth $3000 per year for up to four years; not currently taking applications.
- School of Applied Sciences vacation scholarship For honours students at the School of Applied Sciences; worth a one-off $2000 payment for a summer vacation research project; applications close 10 November 2013.
- Science and Industry Endowment Fund Undergraduate Scholarship For local undergraduate students studying science/IT or engineering; worth $8000; applications close 18 October 2013
- Victorian Department of Health Nuclear Medicine Scholarship For Bachelor students commencing at RMIT from secondary school; worth $10,000 over three years; applications close 03 January 2014.
Postgraduate by coursework
- Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT) scholarship For international students commencing undergraduate or postgraduate programs in computer science and information technology; worth $5000; Applications now open.
- Master of Biotechnology by Coursework Scholarship For international students studying Master of Biotechnology by coursework; this scholarships is under assessment; no application required.
Postgraduate by research
- ARC Linkage Project ‘Automation of Fish Biomass Measurement’ Top Up Scholarship For students pursuing postgraduate research in the areas of video systems and mathematical modeling starting in 2014; worth $5000 per annum; applications now open.
- Dry Sensitised Solar Cell Scholarship For research students; worth $5000 per annum; applications close 31 October 2013
- EPA and RMIT University Strategic Research Scholarship For PhD students; worth $30,000 per annum for three years; applications close 31 October 2013.
- Greener Government Buildings Scholarship For PhD candidates interested in sustainability and reducing greenhouse gas emissions; worth $30,000; applications close 31 October 2013
- Health Innovations Research Institute (HIRi) PhD Scholarship 2014 For students interested in pursuing postgraduate studies in biomedical sciences starting in 2014; worth a grant of up to $5000 per annum; applications close 31 October 2013.
- IDTC Mathematics and Statistics PhD Scholarship For PhD students wanting to undertake an operations research modelling of stroke care processes and systems; worth up to $30,000 per annum; applications now closed for 2013.
- IICT – RMIT PhD Scholarship Top Indian students who possess the relevant qualifications can apply a for the position of Junior Research Fellowship (RMIT), to undertake an Australian PhD at RMIT and Indian Institute of Chemical Technology Research Centre in Hyderabad, India. Scholarship includes a full waiver of tuition fees and upto $A25,000 for living allowance while studying at RMIT, Melbourne; applications now closed.
- Nano-biotechnology Scholarship For PhD students undertaking a nano-biotechnology research project; worth up to $30,653; applications close when the position has been filled.
- PhD Opportunity in Integer and Stochastic Integer Programming For PhD candidates with strong mathematical, computational and programming skills; worth $28,392 per annum; applications close when the position is filled.
- PhD Opportunity in Probability and Statistics For postgraduate research students with an interest in fire and land management; worth $10000 per annum; applications close 20 December 2013.
- PhD Research Scholarship - Quantifying uranium minerals For research students undertaking research in quantifying uranium minerals; worth $27,000 each year for 3 years; applications now open.
- PhD Research Scholarship – Li-air Battery Technology For local research students undertaking a Li-air battery technology research project; worth $27000 per annum; applications open now.
- Professor Robert & Josephine Shanks Scholarship For doctoral research students in receipt of an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA); worth $12,000 per annum; no application required.
- R.D. Gibson Grant For doctoral research students in receipt of an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA); worth $2500 per annum; applications now closed for 2013.
- School of Applied Sciences research scholarship For higher degree by research students in the School of Applied Sciences; applications currently open.
- Victorian International Research Scholarships Program For international PhD research students; worth $30,000 per annum for three years. Applications now closed
Australian Agriculture Scholarships
For rural youth completing tertiary studies that will benefit regional Australia. Applications close 30 June 2013.
Australian Biological Resources Study - National Taxonomy Research Grant Program
For study in biological taxonomy or systematics analysis.
Australian Biological Resources Study - Travel Bursary
For travel related to biological taxonomy or systematics analysis. Applications close 26 April 2013.
Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering (AINSE) Travel Scholarships
For presentation of AINSE-supported research at an international meeting.
Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association (APPEA) - Tony Noon Memorial Scholarships
For honours, postgraduate coursework or PhD students in a petroleum-related field. Applications close 27 August 2012.
Australian Solar Institute PhD Scholarships
For research that accelerates development of a new, highly cost effective solar energy source. Closing dates vary.
Bayer Boost Environmental Scholarship Scheme
Provides experience in environmental research or restoration during summer break. Applications closed.
ConocoPhillips SPIRIT Scholarship
For health, safety and environmental science students considering a career in the energy industry. Applications close 29 March 2013.
For outstanding students in targeted science and engineering-related fields. Closing dates vary.
Heart Foundation Summer Scholarships
For undergraduate students seeking summer vacation scholarships in biomedical, clinical or public health research projects relevant to cardiovascular disease and related disorders. Applications close 14 September 2012.
King and Amy O'Malley Trust Home Economics Scholarships
For the study of home economics. Applications close 5pm on the last Friday in July of each year.
Rural Finance Scholarships
For students who demonstrate a career commitment to agriculture. Applications close 31 May.
Science and Innovation Awards for Young People in Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
For 18-35 year olds, funding projects on an innovative or emerging scientific issue to benefit Australia’s primary industries. Applications close 23 November 2012.
Science Graduate Scholarship - Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD)
Seeks to attract and assist graduates with a science background to become qualified primary or secondary school teachers.
Victoria Fellowships in Engineering, Science or Technology
Offers the opportunity to broaden experience, develop networks and better understand where activities fit into the local and international scene.
Water Research Australia Scholarship
A postgraduate scholarship for student in water studies worth up to $5,000 per annum. Applications close 31 October 2013.
Wentworth Group Science Scholarships
For postgraduate students looking to become active contributors at the interface of good decision making and world class science.