International Sponsored Students
Sponsorship programs aim to enhance social and cultural diversity on RMIT campus.
RMIT International at RMIT University works with over 70 sponsoring organisations to provide a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs to their nominees. Currently there are over 800 sponsored students enrolled in wide range of preparatory, TAFE, undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Sponsor organisations are from a wide range of countries including: Botswana, Brunei, Fiji, Indonesia, Kuwait, Libya, Malaysia, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam.
Definition of a sponsored student
A student is classified by RMIT University as a sponsored student if:
- Their tuition fees are paid by an external organization, such as a university or government agency (not individuals); and
- RMIT University bills the sponsor directly for the tuition fees.
- We may also accept financial guarantees from sponsors where the fund comes directly to the students from the sponsor to pay their tuition fees.
Services for current sponsored students
As a service to both scholarship recipients, and their sponsors, RMIT University RMIT International has a dedicated team to support the recipient (student) and the sponsor.
- Assistance to students in fulfilling requirements of their sponsorship agreements.
- Regular contact with students and Academic staff to monitor academic progress.
- Forwarding interim performance progress reports and end of semester transcripts to sponsors.
- Acting as contact point for stipends and scholarship variations.
- Coordinating third party billing for all sponsors though the University Finance office.
For information on all sponsorship issues please contact:
Channel Management Team
(+61 3) 9925 5135 or (+61 3) 9925 5148 or (+61 3) 9925 1348
(+61 3) 9663 6925
International desk at Info Corner
Drop in times at Info Corner:
Appointments can be made outside of these times by contacting ISscholarships@rmit.edu.au