School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Women in Engineering Scholarship
If you are a woman commencing engineering studies in 2014 in the School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, this scholarship can provide you financial assistance within your first year of study.
Value and duration
The scholarship pays $5000 for one year (first year).
Number of scholarships available
To be eligible for this Scholarship you must:
- be female
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, international student or humanitarian visa holder
- have achieved an ATAR score (or Year 12 equivalent) of 95 or above in 2012–2013
- be commencing full-time studies in a Bachelor of Engineering degree in the School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at RMIT in semester 1 of 2014
- have demonstrated leadership experience in a societal or cultural setting
- be available for an interview if shortlisted.
How to apply
For the 2014 academic year, apply direct to the Coursework Scholarships Office using the 2014 Merit Scholarships Application Form (PDF 548kb, 7p).
Applications now open.
Applications close 13 December 2013 at 4.00pm.
Terms and conditions
As holder of this scholarship you must maintain at least satisfactory academic performance.
The scholarship will be paid in two instalments: $2500 in April/May and $2500 in September.
View the Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 96kb, 11p)
The scholarships seek to recognise and reward talented female students who can demonstrate outstanding levels of academic achievement.
Contact Louise Walker, School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering.