Victorian India Doctoral Scholarships (VIDS)
If you are an international and a citizen of the Republic of India, take the opportunity to work with top researchers and supervisors, use cutting edge research infrastructure and facilities, and enjoy a welcoming lifestyle in a cosmopolitan community.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides
- AU$90,000 awarded to each awardee over duration of their studies
- full waiver of tuition fees
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an international student, hold an Australian student visa for the term of the scholarship and comply with the conditions of the visa
- have achieved excellent academic results
- have been offered a place in a higher degree research program at an Australian RMIT campus commencing in 2014
- have been offered a place that is not conditional on meeting English language requirements OR provide evidence of English language proficiency and meet the English language requirement of the HDR program
- not already hold a research qualification equivalent to an Australian research doctorate or research masters (if applicable)
- willing to be an ambassador for the Research Scholarships
- be studying in one of RMIT’s areas of research strengths
- provide details of any external funding for tuition or living expenses that you have received or applied for.
Priority for scholarships will be given to students conducting their research in one of the identified RMIT research concentration areas.
How to apply
Please note if you are applying for RMIT PhD Scholarship, we may nominate your application for the above Victoria India Doctoral Scholarship.To be eligible for the scholarship must have received an offer letter to study a PhD program at RMIT in 2014 before making an online scholarship application.
Step 1: Apply to receive an offer to study at RMIT in 2014
Please note there is a separate application process to apply for an offer letter. Please visit: How to Apply
Step 2: Apply for the International Research Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship please contact the Channel Management Team at ISscholarships@rmit.edu.au
- a statement indicating why you wish to undertake this research
- your resume (Curriculum Vitae)
- evidence of your employment history on a company letterhead (if applicable)
- a copy of any relevant publications, unpublished thesis or essays you have completed (if applicable)
- a letter from any scholarship provider (if applicable)
- a certified copy of your passport and visa (if applicable)
- For Art and Design related programs (if applicable), please also include: a portfolio of 12 slides or a CD Rom including annotation introducing the work
- a copy of your offer letter from RMIT University
- official certified copies of all academic transcripts, including a university explanation of the grading system. Please send copies in English and the original language (where applicable)
- a certified copy of graduation certificate
- evidence of English language proficiency (applicable for offer letter conditional on English)
- your research proposal outlining the objective, methodology and expected outcomes (no less than 200 words)
Applications now open
Applications now closed
For more information please visit the Study Melbourne website.
Channel Management , RMIT International
(+61 3) 9925 5135 / 9925 5184 / 9925 1348
(+61 3) 9663 6925
Level 1, Info Corner, RMIT Building 22