Victorian India Doctoral Scholarships (VIDS)
If you are an international and a citizen of the Republic of India, take the opportunity to work with top researchers and supervisors, use cutting edge research infrastructure and facilities, and enjoy a welcoming lifestyle in a cosmopolitan community.
Value and duration
The scholarship provides
- AU$90,000 awarded to each awardee over duration of their studies
- full waiver of tuition fees
Number of scholarships available
Up to ten scholarships are available across registered Victorian universities
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an international student, hold an Australian student visa for the term of the scholarship and comply with the conditions of the visa
- have achieved excellent academic results
- have been offered a place in a higher degree research program at an Australian RMIT campus commencing in 2013
- have been offered a place that is not conditional on meeting English language requirements OR provide evidence of English language proficiency and meet the English language requirement of the HDR program before the closing date of the scholarship application
- not already hold a research qualification equivalent to an Australian research doctorate or research masters (if applicable)
- willing to be an ambassador for the Research Scholarships
- be studying in one of RMIT’s areas of research strengths
- provide details of any external funding for tuition or living expenses that you have received or applied for.
Priority for scholarships will be given to students conducting their research in one of the identified RMIT research concentration areas.
How to apply
Important: all applicants wishing to apply for International Research Scholarship via RMIT must have received an offer letter for an RMIT Research program before making an online application. To apply for admission into an RMIT program please visit: How to Apply
Scholarship applications are now closed, when application opens in 2013 (for 2014 rounds) please complete the online application form and upload your supporting documents:
- a copy of your offer letter from RMIT University
- official certified copies of all academic transcripts, including a university explanation of the grading system. Please send copies in English and the original language (where applicable)
- a certified copy of graduation certificate
- evidence of English language proficiency (applicable for offer letter conditional on English)
- your research proposal outlining the objective, methodology and expected outcomes (no less than 200 words)
- a statement indicating why you wish to undertake this research
- your resume (Curriculum Vitae)
- evidence of your employment history on a company letterhead (if applicable)
- a copy of any relevant publications, unpublished thesis or essays you have completed (if applicable)
- a letter from any scholarship provider (if applicable)
- two Academic Referee Reports
- a certified copy of your passport and visa (if applicable)
- For Art and Design related programs (if applicable), please also include: a portfolio of 12 slides or a CD Rom including annotation introducing the work
The documents that you are unable to upload, send directly to our office.
If you have received a firm offer or a conditional offer that does not stipulate the English pre-requisite you do not have to provide an IELTS or TOEFL test
Please make sure you submit all the necessary documentation before the closing date. You may wish to include extra documents to support your application.
We cannot return your documents or portfolio items to you.
We will inform you by the end of December 2012 to confirm whether you have been awarded a scholarship.
2013 rounds: 17 September 2012
2014 rounds: TBA
31 October 2012, 4:00 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.
2014 rounds: TBA
You must provide us a statement declaring that you intend to complete the majority of your doctoral work in Victoria in a well-defined research proposal that is relevant to the needs and interest of Victoria and India
The areas of research prioritised by the Victorian government are:
- Business studies
- Social Sciences
For more information please visit the Study Melbourne website.
Channel Management , RMIT International
(+61 3) 9925 5135 / 9925 5184 / 9925 1348
(+61 3) 9663 6925
Level 1, Info Corner, RMIT Building 22