RMIT’s Research Institutes are making a Global impact in research.
Research Institutes bring together multidisciplinary teams of academics to undertake high-impact industry-focussed research to solve complex research questions of national and global significance.
RMIT’s four Research Institutes are the flagships of RMIT’s research culture and burgeoning research reputation. They are creating pathways for leading academics to connect across disciplines and build areas of critical mass in key areas of focussed research.
The Institutes have strong public profiles, continue to grow their linkages with industry and the community and influence policy at all levels in Australia and overseas. Supported by outstanding leadership teams and with access to advanced research infrastructure, they provide the environment for RMIT’s brightest research minds to challenge their thinking.
The Institute develops and funds a new transdisciplinary approach to design research in a terrain at the intersection of education, research and industry.
The Institute brings together key researchers working to understand the complexity of globalising urban settings from provincial centres to mega-cities.
The Institute seeks to better connect the diverse communities around health enterprise to address the changing needs of biomedical research and society.
The Institute leads research in the areas of smart materials and systems, linking new discoveries and emerging technologies to applications.
- Top researchers awarded $2.23 million 09/12/2013Three RMIT researchers have been awarded prestigious Australian Research Council Future Fellowships.
- RMIT leads $1.1m minerals processing research 05/12/2013RMIT University is collaborating with mining giant Rio Tinto and top Australian researchers on a $1.165 million minerals processing project.
- Research supports advancements in global manufacturing 02/12/2013An international research centre supported by RMIT is developing advanced manufacturing software systems to remotely control robots.
- Natural Products Research Conference 05/12/2013A conference focusing on basic and clinical research, from venoms and plant extracts to recombinant mammalian proteins.
- Delivering IT as a service 05/12/2013This talk outlines how IT organisations are rapidly evolving and delivering IT as a service.
- Astrocyte vesicles 04/12/2013Professor Robert Zorec discusses Astrocyte vesicles - new targets for novel drugs to treat neurologic diseases.