RMIT programs in Vietnam
RMIT offers the following programs in Vietnam, under three Academic Centres:
Centre of Language and Learning
RMIT Vietnam students are nearly all from a non-English speaking background. They live in a country where English is not spoken and where any immersion in the English language beyond the University is minimal. Accordingly, RMIT Vietnam provides significant English language preparation pre-entry into the Higher Education programs, as well as Concurrent English support for all students throughout their University career. The teaching model recognises this reality and tries to provide maximum opportunity to support students to both attain and maintain their English language proficiency throughout their studies at RMIT Vietnam.
Academic English Programs (AEP)
- RMIT English Worldwide (REW) – Pre Intermediate - Level 3
- RMIT English Worldwide (REW) – Intermediate - Level 4
- RMIT English Worldwide (REW) – Upper Intermediate - Level 5
- RMIT English Worldwide (REW) – Advanced 1 and 2
Concurrent English Programs (CEP)
- RMIT English Worldwide (REW) – Concurrent English Program – Modules 1 – 8
All students who complete the Academic English Program to Advanced 2 (Level 6.2) meet the English requirements for entry to all RMIT University Bachelors and Masters Degree programs.
Students who satisfactorily complete an English course to Upper Intermediate (Level 5) can enrol in a Higher Education Diploma program. Students enrolled in the Diploma take 8 units of their chosen discipline over 4 semesters, as well as 8 modules over 4 semesters of the Concurrent English Course. Upon satisfactory completion of both the Diploma and Concurrent English Course, they are entitled to seek entry to the second year of the Bachelors degree in the same discipline.
Students who have achieved an IELTS 6.5 with no band < 6.0 are also eligible to gain direct entry into Undergraduate Degree programs.
The Centre of Language and Learning also assists RMIT Vietnam students at all levels of study to maintain and develop their capacity and proficiency in the English language.
Graduate Certificate of Tertiary Learning and Teaching (96 Credit Points)
This program is mandatory for all academic staff at RMIT Vietnam and is delivered concurrently alongside staff teaching commitments to enable reflective practice and the possibility of mentoring/micro-teaching. The program is facilitated by staff from the Organisational Research and Quality Development Unit. (See also section 5.3)
Centre of Commerce and Management
- Diploma of Commerce (96 Credit Points)
- Bachelor of Commerce (288 Credit Points)
- Bachelor of Business (Business Information Systems) (384 Credit Points)
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) (288 Credit Points)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing) (288 Credit Points)
- MBA (144 Credit Points)
- MBA (Executive) (144 Credit Points)
Centre of Communication and Design
- English language programs
- Bachelor of Communication: Professional Communication (288 Credit Points)
- Diploma of Design: Multimedia Systems (96 Credit Points)
- Bachelor of Design: Multimedia Systems (384 Credit Points)
Centre of Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (288 Credit Points)
- Master of Engineering (Electronic and Computer Engineering) (288 Credit Points)
Centre for Graduate Studies, Research and Development
No academic programs at postgraduate research level are currently offered at RMIT Vietnam. The Centre houses the Vietnam division of the Global Cities Institute.