To graduate from RMIT University you need to ensure that:
- you have met all academic requirements for your program
- you have no missing results or credit transfers
- you have no financial debt owing to the University.
If you have missing results or credit transfers, or owe a debt, you will not be able to graduate and receive your certificate and award transcript.
If you are not sure if you are eligible to graduate, please contact your school.
For information about your financial issues or your enrolment please visit the Hub on your campus or call +61 3 9925 8980 during business hours.
Spring semester enrolments 2013
If you plan to finish your program by completing a Spring Semester course in 2013 you will not be able to graduate at the Melbourne Graduation Ceremony on 18 December 2013. This is because the official results for Spring Semester are published after the graduation date. Even if assessment has been finalised early the results will not be published in time. Instead you will need to either graduate in absentia or at the 2014 Melbourne Graduation Ceremony.
If you are hoping to graduate in December this year, you will need to review your enrolment to ensure you meet all requirements by the end of Semester 2 2013. The last day to add courses for Semester 2 is Monday 29 July 2013.
Higher degrees by research
To be eligible to graduate with your higher degree you must have:
- submitted your thesis/project to the School of Graduate Research for examination
- successfully completed your examination (i.e. your thesis/project has been classified by the RMIT Research Committee as ‘passed’)
- completed any required amendments as a result of the examination process
- submitted your final archival thesis/project to the School of Graduate Research (it must be signed off by your senior supervisor and Head of School and include all required documentation)
- been admitted to the relevant degree (the School of Graduate Research will arrange this and will send you a letter confirming this together with a Statement of Academic Completion)
- no missing results or credit transfers
- have completed all coursework courses (e.g. research methods) or had a credit transfer processed (where eligible)
- paid any outstanding debts to the University.
If you have not met all academic requirements for your program and been confirmed as eligible to graduate by the School of Graduate Research prior to graduation you will not be able to participate in a graduation ceremony.
PhD and Masters by Research students should contact the School of Graduate Research by calling 9925 8356 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about academic progress and eligibility to graduate.