Wellbeing at RMIT
RMIT currently provides a range of wellness programs for staff to help with their work-life balance.
Many of the initiatives can be accessed at the Benefits and services for staff page.
Wellbeing information is listed below:
- Cancer awareness – The Cancer Council’s website
- Free Breast screening for women over 50 years – 13 20 50
- Heart foundation – 1300 36 27 87
- Beyond Blue – Information about depression, anxiety and b-polar disorder -
- 1300 22 4636
- Diabetes Australia
- Life – Taking Action on Diabetes - This is a new type of type 2 diabetes prevention program if you are at risk. For most people it is free. It comprises six 90-minute sessions over a period of 6 months.
- Better Health Channel – Has thousands of fact sheets about health issues
- Quit smoking – 13 78 48
- Have fun by commuting to work by bike. Ride to work day
- Measure up – A government campaign on nutrition and activity. Calculate your waist dimensions and see what your waist measurements should be.
- The Fruit Box. Get a fruit box delivered to your school/work unit kitchen to improve staff member’s health. The fruit boxes cost from $22.50 with free delivery. Delicious premium fruit purchased daily from local growers markets. Phone 1300 766 760.
- Endeavour College of Natural Health has a range of student clinics including homeopathy, musculoskeletal, naturopathy and reflexology. Their address is 368 Elizabeth St Melbourne.
Social and Cultural
- CAE Book Club - Start a book club at work
You can also book in for an Open Program wellness workshop. These workshops support your professional development. They include taking care of your back, and happiness and resilience at work.
For more information contact James Vassilopoulos