TAFE fees for a government subsidised place
From 1 January 2013 all domestic TAFE students in a government subsidised place are charged under a consistent fee structure, regardless of their commencement date or program.
2013 program tuition fees are held constant only for the 2013 year.
RMIT University reserves the right to annually adjust program tuition fees. Changes to program tuition fees will be applied at the beginning of each calendar year.
List of TAFE programs and fees
Browse the list of 2013 TAFE programs and fees (PDF 252kb, 5 pages) to find out how much you will pay.
The list includes:
- fees for government subsidised places for RMIT TAFE programs,
- the reduced fees if you are eligible for a concession, and
- fees for full-fee paying places (for non-government subsidised students)
These are tuition fees only, and do not include the student services and amenities fee, or any material fees that may apply.
To calculate your tuition fees, multiply the rate per nominal hour for your program by the number of nominal hours you are enrolled in.
The term “nominal hours” refers to the average learning and teaching effort required to fulfil the requirements of a course or program. These hours provide a basis for government funding and student contributions for the selected course or program. The nominal hours for a program may vary depending on the electives chosen.
The fee invoiced may vary between semesters as the enrolment requirements in TAFE programs may vary between semesters.
VET FEE-HELP is available to eligible students undertaking eligible diploma and advanced diploma programs.
- Full list of VET FEE-HELP courses in Semester 1, 2013 (HTML 620kb) with their nominal hours and the fee per course
- Full list of VET FEE-HELP courses in Semester 2, 2013 (HTML 635kb) with their nominal hours and the fee per course
2012 fee information
In 2012, TAFE fees were determined by the start date of your classes:
- Contact or visit Info Corner to get information on RMIT programs.
- Visit the Hub on your campus or call +61 3 9925 8980 during business hours.