Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic and Vice-President
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic and Vice-President, Professor Gill Palmer, contributes to strategic planning and leads the development and implementation of the University’s academic plan. Responsibilities of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President include:
- Management of the Academic portfolio.
- Review and development of policy relating to academic profile.
- Oversight of quality assurance for RMIT programs and their contribution to the development of improved outcomes for students
- Support for the development of excellent learning and teaching and the professional development of academic and teaching staff.
- Developing and maintaining systems, processes and procedures related to the student record and to student experiences and outcomes.
- Provision of leadership and management to relevant projects deemed as strategic priorities in the RMIT Strategic Plan and Business Plan.
- Provision of learning resources through RMIT libraries.
- Identifying and planning for administrative and support services to meet the needs of different student cohorts, on and offshore, across the student life cycle.
- Promoting access to VET and Higher Education by students from diverse backgrounds and targeted equity groups.
Building 1, Level 3
Tel. +61 3 9925 2595