As a global university of technology and design, RMIT brings unique capabilities to research through a transdisciplinary approach. Our academic expertise, strong links to research partners and consideration of technological and social dimensions enables us to find solutions to critical problems impacting communities and the environment.
Design, Health, Technology, Sustainability and Future Cities
Internationally recognised people, approach and resources
Institutes, Centres and Groups
World-class researchers solving complex problems
Connect with researchers to develop world-class solutions
- Nano optical antennas steer light: research 20/06/2013New collaborative research by RMIT University has discovered novel nanoscale devices that manipulate light for the transfer of information.
- Composites fly high 13/06/2013Humanity's first composite material was putting mud and straw together.
- No justice, no peace 13/06/2013The young woman in the dock on prostitution charges had already packed much misery into her short life - abandoned by her parents and growing up living on her wits.
- A RARE treat: Exploring the state's response to bushfire 28/06/2013Dr Richard Phillips from RMIT University presents A RARE treat: Exploring the state's response to bushfire.
- Chemosensory receptors in the cardiovascular system: do we taste with our hearts? 16/07/2013A seminar by Professor Walter G Thomas. Professor Thomas' research interest is G protein-coupled receptors and their role in cardiovascular health and disease.
- New Generation Learning Spaces 18/07/2013This one day symposium will focus on research into New Generation Learning Spaces (NGLS). PechaKucha presentations on the experience of working in NGLS will be followed by a research workshop to assist successful writing for journal publication.