Platform Technologies Research Institute
The Institute is noted for its excellent achievements through participation in Commonwealth Government Cooperative Research Centres, State Government Centres of Excellence, Australian Research Council Grant Schemes and joint activities with industry, community and government.
The Platform Technologies Research Institute was established in 2008 to lead RMIT’s cross-disciplinary research in the integration of smart materials and systems into technology platforms, which meet future industry requirements linking new discoveries and emerging technologies to applications.
Central to the way the Institute conducts its research is the integrated systems approach, which focuses on improvements to total system performance through coordinated design and fusion of smart materials and systems.
The Institute fosters a dynamic research culture at RMIT through the establishment of cross disciplinary strategic initiatives across the three RMIT Colleges - Science Engineering and Health, Business and Design and Social Context.
Find out more about PTRI, including our affiliated research centres.
Find out more about PTRI's key research themes and the researchers involved in these.
Find out more about PTRI members and students.
Our annual reports featuring key activities and outcomes.
- RMIT leads $1.1m minerals processing research 05/12/2013RMIT University is collaborating with mining giant Rio Tinto and top Australian researchers on a $1.165 million minerals processing project.
- Research supports advancements in global manufacturing 02/12/2013An international research centre supported by RMIT is developing advanced manufacturing software systems to remotely control robots.
- Solar gives industry the power 29/11/2013Professor Gary Rosengarten's research at RMIT University is making renewable energy sources a viable option for industry.
- Delivering IT as a service 05/12/2013This talk outlines how IT organisations are rapidly evolving and delivering IT as a service.
- Automated Systems Software Engineering and Testing workshop 0/12/2013This workshop will present research and trends on Automated Systems Software Engineering and Testing and provide opportunities to explore joint projects in Victoria.
- Complex Networks: Nexus of all realities in circuits and systems 08/11/2013Professor Jinhu Lu, Professor of the Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Adjunct Professor of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at RMIT presents this Distinguished Lecture for PTRI.