RMIT offers TAFE, undergraduate and postgraduate teacher education programs ranging from Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary Education to the Master of Education by research or coursework.
The teacher education programs at RMIT University equip students with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values for a career in a range of educational settings and contexts.
Teachers are involved in analysing learners’ needs, designing, implementing and evaluating specific curriculum programs, liaising with parents, employers, professional colleagues, local community organisations and others interested in the education sector.
Teacher education programs in the School of Education are responding to a world under rapid change. Consequently, our programs aim to redefine and transform education across the early childhood, primary and secondary schooling sectors. Programs prepare graduates to confidently approach the challenges of an increasingly diverse profession.
Programs and courses
- Certificate IV in Education Support
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Diploma of Education Support
- Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Bundoora)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Brunswick)
- Bachelor of Education (Year IV)
Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
Pathway from Diploma to Degree
- Bachelor of Education / Bachelor of Applied Science (Disability)
Postgraduate by coursework
- Master of Education
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning
- Graduate Diploma in Education (Early Childhood)
- Graduate Diploma in Education (Primary)
- Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary)
- Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Teaching